Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Cave Les Costières de Pomérols "Beauvignac" Viognier 2005, V.d.P. d' Oc
quite intense yellow with some green hints.
Nose: expressive, rich, but also fresh, with ripe apricot and peach fruit, some apples, minerals and a touch of spice (cinnamon and nutmeg), some depth and even a touch of refinement, excellent balance and an exemplary clear and clean style.
Taste: full-bodied, very fresh, dry, with a piquant freshness, excellent matching the compact richness, an attractive tiny touch of bitterness offsets the aromatic fruit, some spices and minerals. Super clean and clear style, many nuances, has tension, some depth and an excellent balance.
Finish: intense, long, fanning out, many fruit nuances (apricot, peach), minerals, spices, acidity, and again exemplary clean and clear.
* A fresh and elegant interpretation of the aromatic and increasingly popular Viognier grape, this wine excels in balance, freshness and many clean and clear fruit nuances of apricots and peaches, perfectly matched by impressions of minerals and some spices. A delicious wine, both invigorating and capable of complementing strong dishes, a great buy for little money!
- Still a bit young, already delicious, will improve over the next year, will keep until ca. mid 2007, however don't keep this wine too long.
- This super dynamic and quality conscious (cooperative) producer (Cave des Costières de Pomerols) in the very south of France has an impressive track record with its dry white wines. Not every wine is excellent every year, but there are always quite a few "great little" wines produced. They excel in white and rosé, the good concentration (low yields) in combination with the always clean and clear aroma's in every wine indicate this producer really knows how to grow grapes and transform them into wine. Many smaller producers struggle to reach the same quality level as Cave de Pomerols. Most wines offer very good value for money.
- lotnr.: L 608/VG3
- tasted: 21-04-’06 (same bottle still delicious after 1 week)
- estimated retail price ca. 5,50 euro
- average production: ca. 130.000 bottles
- Cave cooperative de vinification
Les Costières de Pomérols", 34810 Pomérols, tel.:
+ 33-467 77 01 59 / fax.: + 33-467 77 77 21 / e-mail:
/ web site: www.cave-pomerols.com
- Export agent: D.A.D., Z.A. La Plaine 8, Avenue de l’Europe, 34830 Clapiers (France), tel.: + 33-467 55 90 90 / fax.: + 33-467 55 06 36 / e-mail: email@example.com / web site: www.dad-languedocwines.com