Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Casa Monfrare Monastrell Joven 2004, D.O. Valencia
medium dark red with purple.
Nose: mild, warm, ripe and rich straight forward sweet- fruitiness, impressions of strawberries, a touch of reduction, also a hint 0f complexity, modern and open style, not deep, very clean.
Taste: warm, spicy, round, lush, supple, some pepper and balsamic nuances, alcohol, lots of ripe and soft fruit, fair intensity, very clean, could do with a touch more acidity, but still very attractive and not too heavy.
Finish: round, mild, with alcohol, supple, some spices, some balsamic nuances and red ripe fruit, clean and soft.
* A soft, warm and mild dry red ecological wine from a sun drenched area of Spain, very lush and ripe fruity, with some balsamic and spicy nuances, well balanced and easy drinking, very clean and clear style.
- This wine has to be drunk young. The soft and ripe fruit begs for early consumption. Lacking enough acidity to withstand years of ageing, this wine must not be kept too long, drink before 2007.
- Spain is on the move forward and upward, this wine shows it. There is also a growing interest in ecological production. Especially in this warm and dry area there are great opportunities for this type of viticulture. Produced form 100% Monastrell (cousin of the stubborn Mourvèdre grape of Bandol) this wine is amazingly soft and mild. The 2003 vintage of this wine was clearly more astringent. This producer is fine tuning its wines for the ever demanding export market. The other wines of this producer also show successfully that modern, affordable and easy drinking wines can be of good and interesting quality expressing the grape and terroir of the vineyards. They also show environmentally responsible produced wines can match wines produced by any other method. And that is good news for both the wine lover and the world.
- lotnr.: CB 0205
- tasted: 16-06-’05
- estimated retail price ca. 5,5 euro
- average production: 45.000 bottles
- Bodegas Los Frailes, Mr. Daniel Villanueva, Fontanars dels Alforins, E-46635 Valencia, España. Export manager tel.: mobile: + 32-473 73 13 51; Fax (Spain): + 34-96 336 31 53; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; web site: www.bodegaslosfrailes.com