Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Illuminati Zanna Riserva 1999, D.O.C. Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Colli Teramane
dark red, browning in the rim.
Nose: moderately expressive, warm, ripe, mature, rich, with many spicy and earthy nuances, some raisins, chocolate, caramel, ripe fruit and a tiny touch of well integrated vanillin.
Taste: full-bodied, round, smooth, rich, warm, with very soft and ripe tannins, mature, but also fresh, with loads of earthy and spicy nuances, vanillin, quite deep and broad style, a bit sombre, some alcohol, with a creamy mouth feel.
Finish: long, with many, but very soft and mature tannins, rich and smooth, earthy nuances, vanillin and spices.
* A true riserva: mature, rich, very soft and warm in style, typically earthy and spicy character with some mature fruit and well integrated oak, good concentration and depth of flavour, not subtle, but deep and well balanced.
- Drink this wine between now and 2006, is at its peak now, will not improve with age.
- Good producer of approachable (modern) Abruzzo wines that generally possess a strong, interesting regional signature. The Zanna 1999 is beautiful and high quality example of a modern interpretation of regional character.
- lotnr.: L 02 - 225
- tasted: 23-09-’04
- estimated retail price ca. 16 euro
- average production: not indicated
- Azienda Agricola Dino Illuminati
"Fattoria Nico", 64010 Controguerra (Teramo) Italia, tel.: + 39-0861808008,
fax.: + 39-0861810004, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
/ web site: www.illuminativini.com
- export agent: Enoteca Nederland, Mr. Maarten Bonants, tel.: +31-344613736, fax.: +31-344612550, e-mail: email@example.com