Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Château Le Clou rouge 2002, A.C. Bergerac. **HERITAGE WINE**
Dark red with still some purple nuances.
Nose: intense, earthy, cherry fruit, berries, laurel, some sweetness, a touch of caramel and liquorice, not deep nor refined, but sound, clean and ripe.
Taste: round, supple, smooth, with a lot of spicy and earthy nuances of berries, some raisins and laurel, good acidity, very well balanced, easy, but with enough depth of flavour to hold your attention.
Finish: moderately long, very well balanced, smooth and round with spices, fruit (berry, cherry) an attractive freshness and some tannins at the end.
* Ecologically produced red Bergerac, smooth and round in character, easy to drink, with a strong earthy expression of the terroir: berries, cherries and laurel. Very well balanced, clean and well made.
- This wine is delicious now, will not improve much over the next years, will keep until ca. 2006.
- Very nice wine from this environment
conscious producer, most of his wines are well made, clean and well balanced.
There is enough concentration to keep the wines interesting and not too
much to make the wines difficult to drink. Produced from 60% merlot, 20%
cabernet sauvignon and 20% cabernet franc. No wood ageing. Price
is quite reasonable.
- lotnr.: L ?
- tasted: 01-10-’04
- estimated retail price ca. 7,50 euro per bottle
- average production: ca. 8000 bottles
- Château Le Clou, 24240
Pomport, Mr. Manuel Killias, tel.+ fax: + 33-553633276 ; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
; web site: www.chateau-le-clou.fr