Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Mas Carlot Rouge Cuvée Tradition Syrah - Grenache 2004, V.d.P. d'Oc.
very dark red with purple.
Nose: very expressive ripe, rich fruity, soft and warm, with impressions of blackberries, brambles and a touch of smoke, spices, black pepper, a bit jammy, some green hints (stalks), clean and attractive.
Taste: round, good body, nice concentration, smooth, but also with enough grip of (ripe) tannins, good acidity, some (sweetish) alcohol, many nuances of juicy berry fruit, some spices, herbs and impressions of earth and smoke, well balanced.
Finish: quite long, good intensity, mild, earthy, spicy, fruity, a touch of caramel and smoke, clean, some tannins at the end, warm, but with good, clean acidity.
* An attractive wine with expressive earthy and smoky, ripe fruit, soft and round, but at the same time with grip and some elegance (ripe tannins and acidity) good intensity and well balanced, clean and honest in style.
- Showing very well now, will
keep until ca. 2007, will become less "young fruity" and more earthy and
balsamic in style.
- Produced by a very reliable
and environmentally conscious (Protection raisonnée) vigneronne
in Costières de Nîmes (South of France) aiming for ripeness,
balance and easy accessibility. Composed from 60% Syrah and 40% Grenache
grapes. Vinification and maturation (on lees) in stainless steel and concrete
tanks respectively. No wood ageing.
- lotnr.: L 5073
- tasted: 27-04-’05 retasted many times, last tasted 28-09-'05: consistent notes, less rich and soft, more earthy, spicy, but still very fruity (more mature), still very good..
- estimated retail price ca. 6 euro
- production: not indicated
- Mas Carlot - Château Paul Blanc - Mrs. Nathalie Blanc-Mares, Route de Redessan, 30127 Bellegarde, tel.: + 33-466 011183 / fax.: + 33-466 016274 / e-mail : email@example.com / web site: www.mascarlot.com