Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Quinta da Lixa Loureiro 2004, D.O.C. Vinho Verde
very light green white with a slight mist of minuscule CO2 bubbles
Nose: medium expressive, quite clean, a touch of sweet fruit, some spices, fresh, but also mild, a touch of honey, some raisins, flowers, a tiny touch of reduction.
Taste: dry, a slight hint of CO2 bubbles, some piquancy, a slight touch of bitterness, some waxy nuances, spices, some white fruit and honey, a touch of alcohol, not complex, but quite attractive. Light, refreshing, elegant, but also mild and clean.
Finish: not very long, with a slight touch of bitterness, piquant freshness, nice fruit (green apples), dry, but also round and refreshing.
* A light, very refreshing and elegant white wine. Tiny CO2 bubbles give extra piquancy and zest to this clean and honest dry wine, offering next to its freshness also roundness and attractive, spicy fruit.
- Can be drunk now, will keep till 2006.
- Excellent wine maker in the
Northern part of Portugal, using only Loureiro grapes for this wine. Is
well equipped with modern vinification techniques. Freshness is the key
word here, the regular Quinta da Lixa 2004
is produced from a blend of Loureiro and Trajadura grapes. This blended
wine shows clearly the benefit of blending, these two grapes supplement
each other perfectly, the resulting wine is clearly a class above this
one and the other made only from Trajadura.
Good quality for a very affordable price in a luxurious Bordeaux bottle.
- lotnr.: L 0310?
- tasted: 25-02-’05
- estimated retail price ca. 5,50 euro
- average production: not known
- Sociedade Agricola Quinta da Lixa, Monte 4615 Lixa, Portugal / tel.: +351-255491710 / fax.: + 351-255491711 / e-mail: email@example.com / web site: www.quintadalixa.pt
- Export agent: Vinko, Rua Candido
dos Reis, 575, 4400-075 Villa Nova de Gaia, tel.: + 351-22 377 33 30 /
fax.: + 351-22-375 37 35 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
/ web site: www.vinkowines.com