Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Quinta da Lixa branco 2003, D.O.C. Vinho Verde **HERITAGE WINE**
very light white green with a slight mist of minuscule CO2 bubbles
Nose: medium expressive, delicious, fresh, complex, with impressions of honey, flowers, white fruit, yeast, minerals, spices, nuances of raisins, peaches and apricots, even a touch of creaminess.
Taste: dry, a slight hint of CO2 bubbles, very fresh, intense, quite full-bodied, piquant, impressions of fresh, green apples, some spices, some green, slightly vegetal impressions, some fruit and earthy nuances, cool and refreshing acidity - CO2 combination.
Finish: not very long, with both, very fresh and piquant acidity, with green and herby nuances and ripe, spicy and fruity impressions. Clean and fresh.
* One of the most refreshing and "cool" styles of wine. Has the freshness, dryness and piquancy of a regular Vinho Verde, but also the serious and vinous richness with ripe fruit, spices, flowers, intensity and complexity of more serious wines. A rare but highly enjoyable combination.
- Can be drunk now, will keep till 2005.
- Excellent wine maker in the
Northern part of Portugal, using only high quality grapes for this wine
and with no doubt modern vinification techniques. If you are looking for
freshness, but want more than freshness alone, this wine is a very good
option. Not as smooth and creamy, but also not as expensive as a Vinho
Verde made from the "Alvarinho" grape. High quality for a very affordable
price in a luxurious Bordeaux bottle.
- tasted: 17-03-’04
- estimated retail price ca. 5,50 euro
- average production: not known
- Sociedade Agricola Quinta da Lixa, Monte 4615 Lixa, Portugal / tel.: +351-255491710 / fax.: + 351-255491711 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / web site: www.quintadalixa.pt
- Export agent: Vinko, Rua Candido
dos Reis, 575, 4400-075 Villa Nova de Gaia, tel.: + 351-22 377 33 30 /
fax.: + 351-22-375 37 35 / e-mail: email@example.com
/ web site: www.vinkowines.com