Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Quinta da Lixa Branco 2004, D.O.C. Vinho Verde **HERITAGE WINE**
very light white green with a slight mist of minuscule CO2 bubbles
Nose: quite expressive, deliciously aromatic (fruit) and mineral, very fresh, ripe, some complexity, with impressions of apricot, apple, pear, yeast and spices, some raisins. Very clean, young and honest style. Mouth-wateringly fresh style.
Taste: dry, a slight hint of CO2 bubbles, very fresh, intense, medium bodied, piquant, impressions of apricots, green apples, a touch of spice and sweetness (alcohol?) very clear and clean, even some depth and complexity.
Finish: medium long, even fanning out a bit, intense, a tiny touch of sweetness, some apples, apricot, some spices, very clean and nuanced, minerals and very refreshing.
* Very fresh and intense dry white wine, some CO2 give this wine extra freshness, quite powerful and complex wine for a Vinho Verde, medium bodied, with a delicious array of fruit, spice and mineral nuances (apricot, apples, clove, yeast), clean and crystal clear, refreshing character.
- Can be drunk now, will keep till 2007.
- Excellent wine maker in the Northern part of Portugal, using both Trajadura and Loureiro grapes for this wine. Is well equipped with modern vinification techniques. Freshness is the key word here. Quinta da Lixa also produces wines from single varieties: the Trajadura 2004 and Loureiro 2004. The first is more mineral, the second is more aromatic and fruity. This blended wine clearly shows the benefit of blending, these two grapes supplement each other perfectly, the resulting wine is clearly a class above the (good) single variety wines. Very good quality for a very affordable price in a luxurious Bordeaux bottle.
- lotnr.: L 35104
- tasted: 25-02-’05
- estimated retail price ca. 5,50 euro
- average production: not known
- Sociedade Agricola Quinta da Lixa, Monte 4615 Lixa, Portugal / tel.: +351-255491710 / fax.: + 351-255491711 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / web site: www.quintadalixa.pt
- Export agent: Vinko, Rua Candido
dos Reis, 575, 4400-075 Villa Nova de Gaia, tel.: + 351-22 377 33 30 /
fax.: + 351-22-375 37 35 / e-mail: email@example.com
/ web site: www.vinkowines.com