Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
La Bodega de Pinoso "Torre del Reloj" Monastrell Tinto 2007, D.O. AlicanteColor: very dark and deep red with purple.
* Rich, round, but also quite characterfull and warm red wine, loaded with ripe and juicy fruit (brambles), with spices, balsamic nuances and a nice regional character, not deep or complex, but amazing value for such a modest price.
- This wine is intended to be drunk young. The young fruit demands early consumption. If kept too long the juiciness will fade and tannins will stay making this wine less balanced. Drink between now and 2010.
- This wine is made of
mainly Monastrell gapes. The
Monastrell (called Mataro in the New World) is not an easy ingredient
if you want to make supple and soft wines. It is loaded with strong and
fierce tannins. It is at least closely related to the French Mourvčdre
(Bandol) grape, but has great fruit potential and can provide richness.
These are always strong wines with good structure and extract, strong
color and also a very spicy character in young wines that turns
into more balsamic nuances after aging.
The Spanish seem to do the right thing when it comes to wine making. Huge investments were (and are being) made in the wineries and vineyards with impressive wines as a result. This astonishingly inexpensive wine offers next to its attractive fruity character an amazing price/quality ratio. La Bodega de Pinoso is a big cooperative producer to watch closely, since vintage 2006 several wines have made enormous progress. The style is more aimed at the demanding export market, before 2006 the local and Spanish market dictated the style: more sturdy and strong wines crying out for rich dishes. Now various wines are produced that easily can compete in style, quality and price with those of the New World. They still are unmistakably Spanish in style which is a very good thing these days: preserving the precious identity that makes wine so fascinating and enjoyable. Other range of wines: Pontos.
La Bodega de Pinoso is also producing excellent (since vintage 2006) organic wines too with the label/brand: Vermador tinto ecologico, Vermador blanco ecologico.
- lotnr.: 0801
- tasted: 12-11-’08
- estimated retail price ca. 4 euro
- average production: unknown
- La Bodega De Pinoso, Coop. V., Mrs. Katerina Prazakova, Paseo de la Constitución 82, 03650 Pinoso (Alicante) ; tel.: +34-965 477 04 ; fax.: +34-966 970 149 ; mobile: +34-620 341 237 ; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; web site: www.labodegadepinoso.com