Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Bodegas Garcia Revalo Viņa Adaja Verdejo 2004, D.O. Rueda. **HERITAGE WINE**
Colour:very light green white, with a tiny haze of CO2
Nose: expressive, fresh, with clear box(hedge) green impressions, many minerals, some sweetness (ripe grapes) and white fruit (apples), very clean and clear, some depth and refinement. Quite aromatic not unlike fresh and piquant Sauvignon-Blanc.
Taste: very fresh, very dry, intense, spicy, piquant acidity with strong backbone of minerals, also some richness and sweetness, perfectly balancing the acidity, very nice nuances of box(hedge), green herbs and white fruit (apples), exceptionally clean and refreshing with a minuscule touch of CO2, some depth and refinement, excellent balance. Elegance with power.
Finish: quite long, quite intense, piquant acidity, clean, some richness, many minerals some white fruit and again a bit "sauvage" and spicy aroma's not unlike Sauvignon-Blanc.
* Very refreshing dry white wine, intense and piquant, but also with some richness and depth, elegant and strong, expressive with green (box hedge) aroma's not unlike Sauvignon-Blanc, a wealth of mineral nuances, excellent balance and a super clean and clear character, all for a very affordable price.
- Drink this wine young, its youth and fresh character will probably fade quite soon, so do not be tempted to mature this wine, drink before 2006 - 2007..
- This is an amazingly
fresh and expressive dry white wine from Spain. Its character suggests a
cool climate origin but however Rueda is not one of Spain's hottest
regions it certainly is much warmer than e.g. the French Loire region.
Rueda has become the biggest source of clean fresh and modern styled and
affordable Spanish dry white wine. The Verdejo is the most prestigious
grape of this region. Together with careful vineyard management, timely
harvesting and accurate vinification it is able to produce amazingly
fresh and elegant wines with an attractive richness. Too often however,
Verdejo grapes are turned into too pungent wines, sometimes too acid or
green. It is not easy to strike the balance right, in 2004 Bodegas
Garcia Revalo has just done that with their delicious and surprisingly
affordable Viņa Adaja.
- lotnr.: L 12-04
- tasted: 06-04-’05
- estimated retail price ca. 6 euro
- average production: no indication
- Bodegas Garcia Revalo, Mr. Antonio Revalo, Plaza San Juan, 4, 47230 Matapozuelos (Valladolid), Spain. tel.: + 34-983 83 29 14 ; fax.: + 34-983 83 29 14 ; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org