Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Attiya Garnacha tinto 2003, D.O. Calatayud.
Colour: very dark red, with purple nuances.
Nose: warm, very rich and ripe fruity, berries, brambles, some spicy notes with ground pepper, some raisins, a touch of caramel, nice and meaty fruit aroma's, clean and resembling a good Côtes du Rhône.
Taste: full-bodied, smooth, but enough tannins to give this wine backbone, ample alcohol and a lot of juicy, ripe, black fruit. Brambles, berries and also a touch of ground pepper are there, nice, but mild acidity to make this smooth wine well balanced.
Finish: medium long (quite long for its class) very clean and ripe fruity, smooth, but with tannins and some spicy impressions giving this wine grip and definition.
* Very well made and extremely affordable red wine, full bodied, rich and round, brimming with warm and ripe black fruit with a spicy touch of ground pepper, not unlike a good Côtes du Rhône. A real bargain !
- Drink this wine young in it's fruity years, will keep several years, but will not gain extra quality, but change in a more spicy and earthy wine. Keep until ca. 2007
- Big producer of very affordable and reliable Calatayud wines, modern style, made for pleasure, emphasis on fruit and body, never short on alcohol, but always with good acidity.
- alternative label (same wine): Viñas de Miedes
- lotnr.: L - 4117
- tasted: 07-06-’04 (tasted several times: consistent notes.)
- estimated retail price ca. 4 euro
- average production: no indication
- Sociedad Cooperativa
"San Alejandro", Ctra. Calatayud, 4, 50330 Miedes (Zaragoza, Spain),
tel.: + 34-976892205 / +34-976892116, fax.: + 34-976890540 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Export manager: Mrs. Yolanda Diaz.
Web site: www.san-alejandro.com