Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Hugues de Beauvignac Sauvignon-Blanc 2003, V.d.P. des Côtes de Thau
very light green with yellow tinge.
Nose: very expressive, grassy, some cats'-pee, fresh acidity, and after some aeration a ripe richness with a multitude of white fruit, flowers and yeasty nuances. Still very young. Crystal clear, fresh and ripe style.
Taste: very fresh, full-bodied, creamy and rich, mild and a touch of "confit", some slight bitter nuances, round and ripe, with a strong acidity that matches the compact richness very well. Many hidden minerally fruit nuances, ripe, full of promise, very young. Excellent balance.
Finish: impressive: quite powerful, quite long, with a great and delicious combination of richness, freshness and beautiful, crystal clear fruit with some refreshing "green" nuances.
* In this wine really everything is right. The power, the freshness, the aroma's, the richness. Still very young, but in the aftertaste the real promise shows already well. Who said Sauvignon-Blanc from the Midi is always boring? Try this one, you will be amazed by its quality, style and especially its very affordable price. A great little wine, surpassing in a difficult vintage for white wines its regular level of quality. Very well done!!
- Still a bit young, already delicious, but will offer much more from late spring 2004 well into 2005, however don't keep this wine too long.
- A great effort in a very "hot" and dry year to make such an impressive and affordable Sauvignon-Blanc. It is the combination of concentration, richness, freshness and healthy, clear fruit aroma's that makes this wine so special.
- lotnr.: L 345/SA4
- tasted: 15-12-’03 (still delicious after 3 weeks in open bottle)
- estimated retail price ca. 5 euro
- average production: ca. 200.000 bottles
- Cave cooperative de vinification
Les Costières de Pomérols", 34810 Pomérols, tel.:
+ 33-467 77 01 59 / fax.: + 33-467 77 77 21 / e-mail:
/ web site: www.cave-pomerols.com
- Export agent: D.A.D., Z.A. La Plaine 8, Avenue de l’Europe, 34830 Clapiers (France), tel.: + 33-467 55 90 90 / fax.: + 33-467 55 06 36 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / web site: www.dad-languedocwines.com