Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Domaine Boudau Le Clos 2003, A.C. Côtes du Roussillon .
not very intense nor deep red with purple nuances.
Nose: still a bit young, but already expressing beautiful ripe and pure fruit: mainly ripe cherries and berries, but also some mineral nuances, a touch of freshness and some spices, not very deep nor complex, but very attractive and delicious.
Taste: round, full bodied, creamy, juicy, powerful, warm, a bit alcoholic and a with mild acidity, but with ripe and spicy tannins providing just the right amount of grip, loaded with delicious, ripe pure fruit of great purity. Very well balanced, supple, yet powerful with precisely enough character.
Finish: long, supple, with loads of ripe fruit, meaty, rich, but not heavy, very clean, great purity, excellent balance.
* A great combination of delicious, ripe and rich fruit of great purity, warmth, and spices, all very well knitted together with the ripe and healthy tannins. A juicy and supple wine with ample character, highly pleasing and easy to drink, but also offering enough to keep your full attention.
- Drink from now on, will improve during 2004, maybe even 2005, will keep until 2006 or 2007, but the delicious fruit of its youth is so pleasing there is no point in keeping this wine too long. If kept too long probably the alcohol will take over which will make this wine less interesting.
- 2003 was a very hot and dry year in all of Europe, Roussillon was no exception to that. The super healthy and ripe grapes in combination with the low yields gives this wine something extra. Boudau has succeeded in finding the right balance in his "basic" Roussillon red during vinification, very well done. This 'basic" wine indicates the great potential of both its vineyards and the producer.
- lotnr.: L 824170085
- tasted: 07-06-’04
- estimated retail price ca. 7 euro
- average production: 25.000 bottles
- Domaine Boudau (Véronique & Pierre Boudau), 6, Rue Marceau, 66600 Rivesaltes, France, tel.: + 33-468644537, fax.: + 33-468644626, e-mail: email@example.com, web site: www.domaineboudau.fr