Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Bodegas Palafox Maria de Brianda Garnacha Centenaria - Cabernet Sauvignon 2002, V.T. Ribera del Gállego Cinco Villas.
deep red, with no purple.
Nose: expressive, warm, ripe, sweet, jammy and dried fruit (figs, raisins), spicy, a touch of smoke, earthy nuances of minerals, complexity, depth, balsamic nuances and in the distance Port-like fruit impressions, intense, multi layered wine with both mature and fruity notes, intriguing style.
Taste: powerful, intense, spicy, earthy and warm, with strong tannins, high (just a touch green) acidity and round richness with a touch of cacao, tobacco, pepper, obvious alcohol, minerals, depth, some complexity, lots of nuances, a bit austere and also mature.
Finish: Long, intense, fanning-out, with numerous impressions of sweet raisins, spices, smoke, even a touch of muscat, despite the tannins rich, soft and elegant.
* A very special wine, partly made from the fruit of exceptionally old vines, has depth, intensity, length, complexity and also rich, spicy dried fruit, warm, mature and a bit austere style, lots of impressions of smoke, minerals and cacao.
- Drink this wine through the next few years. It is a strong wine with a lot of stuffing, but it will become more and more mature, eventually becoming a bit rustic I expect. Drink before 2010.
- Serious producer in Carińena of strong and heady wines. has a broad portfolio with a variable quality level, but the best wines are very impressive and soothing. Warmth and richness is the keyword in most wines here. Prices are very acceptable. A real rurally embedded bodega with some modern influences such as vineyards planted with Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine is made of grapes from century old Garnacha vines (60%), 40% Cabernet Sauvignon and 20% Merlot. Matured on small oak barrels (barrica). They are also producing increasing volumes of very good and rich organic/ecological wine.
- alternative label (used for organic wines): 1955 Gremart
- lotnr.: L - A06999
- tasted: 31-08-’07
- estimated retail price ca. euro
- average production: no indication
- Grupo Palafox, Carretera de Huesca, Km 12,6 50830 Villanueva de Gállego (Zaragoza, Spain), tel.: + 34-976185162 / +34-976180646 ; fax.: + 34-976185784 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web site: www.bodegaspalafox.com