Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Bricco Rosso "Suagną" 2001, D.O.C. Langhe Rosso
intense, dark red brown.
Nose: quite expressive, mature, with beautiful hints of spices, vanilla, smoke and rich, sweet dried fruits. Elegant, refined, but also multi layered and complex.
Taste: medium bodied, excellent balance between wood, extract of fruit, acidity, tannins, complex nuances of spices, earth, smoke, dried fruits, some minerals, wood and next to the concentration a piquant and uplifting acidity. Complex, elegant and multi layered.
Finish: long, with some dry, but spicy tannins, nice acidity, mature, earthy nuances, clean and well balanced.
* Impressively well
crafted wine, with the beautiful combination of freshness, intensity,
earthy, serious fruit aroma's from the terroir and restrained,
supportive oak, complexity, depth and above all excellent balance.
- Drink this wine between now and 2006 - 2007, is at its peak now, will probably not improve with age.
- This wine could be a good example for many much more expensive Piemontese wines. The blend of 60% Nebbiolo and 40% Dolcetto, obviously from old vines with low yields is showing the great potential of the lesser known DOC from the region, cultivated by a quality oriented and motivated wine producer. Almost Burgundian in style this wine is highly recommended for its price.
- lotnr.: L 014131
- tasted: 30-09-’04
- estimated retail price ca. 11 euro
- average production: not indicated
- Azienda Agricola Bricco
Rosso, 12060 Farigliano (CN) Italia, tel.: + 39-0173 76768 / + 39-0173
76666, fax.: + 39-0173 76690, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / web site: www.briccorosso.it
- export agent: Cantine Manfredi, Mrs. Anna Cotella, tel.: + 39-0173 76666, fax.: + 39-0173 76690e-mail: email@example.com web site: www.manfredicantine.it