Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Casal do Conde tinto 2003, D.O.C. Ribatejo. **HERITAGE WINE**
dark red with some purple.
Nose: quite expressive, warm, spicy, with berry fruit, vanilla, cedar, warm earth, complex and refined, with depth en intensity, excellent balance between wood, fruit and terroir. There is elegance next to power, there is freshness next to sun drenched aroma's.
Taste: intense, powerful, but also elegant, with lots of ripe tannins, softnes, freshness, warm aroma's of fruit, vanilla, spices, cedar, all well knitted together in a beautiful core, complex, nuanced and with some depth, impressive balance between acidity, alcohol, tannins, softness, wood, fruit and also minerals. Very Portuguese with an excellent Médoc like constitution.
Finish: quite long, fanning out with lots of smoky nuances, vanilla, spices, some red fruit, cedar and a clean freshness, complex and excellently balanced.
* A classy, luxurious red wine, unmistakably Portuguese in style, with a beautiful Médoc like constitution, elegance, power, complexity, wood, spices, delicious fruit and a touch of cedar, all knitted well together into a velvety and both fresh and warm wine.
- Is already delicious, but will keep till ca. 2008. The wine has the constitution to withstand age for some years, but it is very difficult to predict the aromatic route it will take. As the balance is so excellent now I fear you only could lose in this aspect if aged much longer.
- Excellent wine making in a promising region of Portugal results in this clever mix of modern and authentic style. Really "Portuguese" in aroma's (piquant earthy fruit), quite international in taste (supple, good mid palate, balanced). Also the producer of Terra Cha.
- lotnr.: L050419
- tasted: 21-04-'05
- estimated retail price ca. 9,00 euro
- average production: not known
- Sociedade Agricola Casal
do Conde, Villa Cha de Ourique, Portugal / not known: tel. /
fax / e-mail not known
- Export agent: Vinko, Rua Candido dos Reis, 575, 4400-075 Villa Nova de Gaia, tel.: + 351-22 377 33 30 / fax.: + 351-22-375 37 35 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / web site: www.vinkowines.com