Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Casa Monfrare Trilogia 2003, D.O. Valencia
very intense, deep red with some purple.
Nose: expressive, intense, rich, compact and loaded with ripe, warm and clean fruit (also cherry stones), some minerals, a touch of mint, balsamic nuances and smoky vanilla (wood), nice herbs and spices, sweet richness, depth and complexity, modern and fruit driven, beautiful balance and very inviting to drink. Classy wine.
Taste: powerful, intense, compact and strong core with a lot of richness, ample wood, many minerals and clean rich fruit, spices, excellent acidity, ripe tannins, great balance, depth and complexity, still young (potential) but already very approachable.
Finish: impressive, very long, intense, multi layered, showing real potential, lots of wood, fruit, minerals, spices, balsamic nuances, rich, also elegant, classy and stunning balance.
* Great, classy, modern wine, warm and intense character with loads of ripe, rich fruit, wood, minerals, beautiful depth and complexity, power and elegance, great balance, great potential, already drinking very well, made from old vines, ecologically produced, excellent value for money.
- Drink this wine from now on, will repay keeping with more complexity and depth, but will gradually become more spicy and balsamic and less fruity as it matures. Great wine to drink now and great to keep till ca. 2010 maybe a few years beyond that.
- Spain is on the move forward
and upward, this wine shows it. There is also a growing interest in ecological
production. Especially in this warm and dry area there are great opportunities
for this type of viticulture. Produced form vines of at least 30 years
old: 70% Monastrell (cousin of the stubborn Mourvèdre grape of Bandol)
and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Tempranillo and aged for 11 months in wood
(barriques). This producer is fine tuning its wines for the ever
demanding export market. The other wines of this producer also show successfully
that modern, affordable and easy drinking wines can be of good and interesting
quality expressing the grape and terroir of the vineyards. They also show
environmentally responsible produced wines can match wines produced by
any other method. And that is good news for both the wine lover and the
- lotnr.: (T) 0705
- tasted: 16-06-’05
- estimated retail price ca. 10 euro
- average production: 7.5.00 bottles
- Bodegas Los Frailes, Mr. Daniel Villanueva, Fontanars dels Alforins, E-46635 Valencia, España. Export manager tel.: mobile: + 32-473 73 13 51; Fax (Spain): + 34-96 336 31 53; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; web site: www.bodegaslosfrailes.com