Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Casata Monfort Blanc de Sers 2003, I.G.T. Vigneti delle Dolomiti. **HERITAGE WINE**
deep, but light yellow green.
Nose: quite expressive, with obvious Muscat aroma's, very fresh, elegant, flowers, some white fruit and minerals. Delicious, clean, also nuanced and quite stylish.
Taste: very dry, very fresh, piquant, with loads of mineral nuances, some green herbs, white fruit next to the Muscat aroma's, very young and crystal clear.
Finish: very intensely fresh, with strong and piquant acidity, very clean, a tiny little prickle of carbon dioxide, with minerals and some green herbs next to the muscat.
* immensely fresh dry white wine, strong fruity muscat character in combination with many minerals, some flowers and white fruit. Elegant and crystal clear character with strong acidity, refreshing as a breeze of mountain air.
- Drinking very well at this moment, will probably keep until 2006, I doubt it will improve with age.
- A very single minded wine with a refreshing contrast: the sweet fruit of the nose against the immensely fresh taste. Very strong character which virtue is its clean character and not its fullness or mellowness. Made of a blend of at least 70% autochtonous grape varieties (Wanderbara, Vernaza, Veltliner Rosato and Nosiola), perfect expression of grape and vineyard.
- lotnr.: L 04 13
- tasted: 30-09-’04
- estimated retail price ca. 8,5 euro
- average production: ca. 6600 bottles
- Vinicola Simoni S.a.S. di Simoni Lorenzo, Via Carlo Sette, 21., 38015 Lavis (Trento) tel.: + 39-0461-246353 / fax.: + 39-0461-241043 / e-mail: email@example.com / web site: www.casatamonfort.it