Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Castillo de Chiva Tinto Crianza 2002, D.O. Valencia. **HERITAGE WINE**
Colour: dark red with browning in the rim.
Nose: expressive, warm, mature, with many spicy impressions of vanilla, caramel, raisins, cinnamon, a touch of cloves and cacao, some red and black fruit in the background. Typically warm, southern Spanish in style, obvious wood ageing, warm and mild.
Taste: round, mild, warm, full bodied, with ample alcohol, vanilla, spices (cinnamon, cloves), caramel, cacao, mild acidity, a bit sombre and earthy nuances, not refined or complex, good balance.
Finish: medium long, spicy, mild, round, warm, with a little bit of tannin, mild acidity, impressions of cinnamon.
* Old fashioned and typically Spanish in a positive sense: full bodied, warm character packed with spices, vanilla, caramel, a hint of cacao and caramel, complemented with impressions of ripe fruit and raisins, very mild and round constitution, mature and smooth. A real bargain.
- Drink this wine from now on, will keep a few years, however the cacao impressions suggest an already advanced stage of maturity. The acidity is also mild, but the body and core are well suited to ageing. I would suggest drinking it before 2007
- A vast wine producer
that markets impressive volumes of wine also for other producers in the
area around Valencia. Prices range from unbelievable cheap up to medium
expensive. Sometimes there are great bargains to be found. This wine is
amazingly low priced for such a good wood aged wine. It is not a great
wine, nor does it have great depth, but all components of a good wine
are there and the price is very low, so I can not call this wine but a
- lotnr.: L 05 - 13
- tasted: 22-05-’05
- estimated retail price ca. 4,50 euro
- average production: no indication
- Anecoop, Wines Department, Mr. GaŽl Picard, Calle Monforte, 1 - Entrlo, 46010 Valencia, Spain; Tel: +34 963938509 ; Fax: +34 963938572 / 963390809 ; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org web site: www.anecoop.com