Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
I Clivi "Galea" 2000, D.O.C. Collio Orientali del Friuli.**HERITAGE WINE**
very light white with some green.
Nose: a bit restrained, very fresh, very complex, very pure, refined, elegant, and subtle with a myriad of nuances of fennel, green herbs, minerals, flowers, some sweet ripeness, a touch of buttermilk, very young, lively and clean, with impressions of mountain air. Really impressive subtlety, refinement and balance.
Taste: dry, powerful, medium bodied, intense freshness, some creamy impressions, rich, but also still compact and young, many impressions of herbs, minerals, some bitter nuances, and excellent balance, outstanding purity, great potential. Impressive in balance, refinement and purity.
Finish: intense, quite powerful, very long, mineral, complex, with some flowers, nuts, herbs and a small bitterness along the clean and refreshing acidity and compact core. Really impressive balance and purity.
* A great wine in which
freshness, purity, complexity and balance are all impressive. Restrained
and concentrated, this wine is unique in its character, no rich fruit
or wood, but with an amazing array of subtle and refined nuances of
herbs, minerals and mountain air. Extremely honest and pure style,
still young, with great ageing potential. A wine from another era, a
hidden treasure of classical excellence.
- Drink this wine somewhere between now and 2008, maybe 2010. At this moment it is still very young, but already delicious.
- This wine comes from another world. It is so different from the mainstream high quality wines so fashionable today. There is no sexy oak, no obvious fruit, no expressive character. This wine is all about terroir, elegance, freshness, complexity, purity and aromatic restraint. This wine is not made to please the crowd, it is an honest and devoted expression of the unfashionable (indigenous) grapes (Tocai Friulano 75%, Verduzzo Friulano 17% and others 8%) the climate and the sloping vineyards of the "Collio" zone of Friuli-Venezia Giulia in Northern Italy. Crafted from old vines (>40 years old up to more than 60) with very low yields ( ca. 24 hl/ha) cold fermented with its own vineyards' yeast cultures with subsequent malolactic fermentation, matured in inox tanks on its own lees for 2 years, no racking or filtration. This is a wine as natural and original as you can get. No make-up of maceration préfermentaire or wood is used, this is pure grape juice transformed into wine.
see also: opinion 5
- lotnr.: L 5211
- tasted: 23-11-’04
- estimated retail price ca. 17 euro
- production: 14.000 bottles
- Azienda Agricola I Clivi, Mr. Ferdinando Zanusso, Loc. Gramogliano 20, 33040 Corno di Rosazzo (UD) Italia, tel.: + 39-0432 753429, fax.: + 39-0432 752263, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; web site: www.clivi.it