Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Domaine de Coussergues Syrah Vieilles Vignes "La Croix" 2005, V.d.P. des Côtes de Thongue
medium dark red purple.
Nose: still young, a bit restrained, but with beautiful clean and clear ripe, black fruit, some spices, pepper, cedar, minerals and a little touch of oak. Superb definition of fruit, excellent balance, hidden depth, good potential, many impressions waiting to be developed in the near future. Very promising indeed.
Taste: soft, round, very fluid, supple, with a hint of sweetness, good intensity, good depth, many still hidden and restrained nuances of fruit, minerals, spices, great purity, maybe a bit too soft and easy on the palate, especially for such an infant wine. Everything is ripe: fruit, tannins and acidity. Good potential.
Finish: very soft and clean, beautiful fruit, ripe tannins, mild acidity, but with enough freshness, excellent balance, very clean.
* This beautiful wine offers the potential and depth of the fruit of old vines combined with an unbelievably softness. The beautiful fruit has real depth and already some complexity,. is clean and pure with impressions of brambles, cherries and a whiff of pepper, cedar and minerals, the wood is hardly noticeable and is seamlessly integrated. If you prefer high quality and a soft character this definitely is the wine to choose. It is stunningly cheap considering the quality.
- You can drink this easy approachable wine already, but some keeping will repay you with greater complexity, keep until ca. 2008, maybe one or two years longer.
- Until recently it has been the white wines that interested me most from this producer, but there have been some changes in the wine making the last few years with positive effects on the reds. Produced from old Syrah vines and briefly matured on oak (4 months). This wine is quite impressive in terms of quality / price ratio. Personally I would have liked to taste it unfiltered, I suspect it could have been one of the best wines in its price category, but unfortunately softness was a major aim. And they did it well !! No complaints, great joy for little money!
- tasted: 21-04-’06 (same bottle tasted over at least a week, improving every day)
- estimated retail price ca. 6,50 euro
- average production: ca. 35.000 bottles
- Export agent: Didier Absil (D.A.D.), Z.A. La Plaine 8, Avenue de l’Europe, 34830 Clapiers (France), tel.: + 33-467 55 90 90 / fax.: + 33-467 55 06 36 / e-mail: email@example.com / web site: www.dad-languedocwines.com
- Château de Coussergues, 34290 Montblanc (France), tel. : +33 -467 00 80 00 / fax: +33 -467 00 80 05 / firstname.lastname@example.org / web site: www.chateaudecoussergues.com