Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Fontanario de Pegoes tinto 2002, D.O. Palmela
dark red with some browning in the edge.
Nose: quite expressive with ripe and jammy fruit (berries, brambles, plums), lots of oaky (wood) nuances, impressions of caramel, vanilla and even some coffee. Warm, modern and rich, oaky style, attractive.
Taste: full bodied, round, mild, with lots of spicy wood impressions (vanilla, caramel), soft and sweet tannins, juicy and jammy red and black fruit, mild acidity, some complexity, but very easy and expressive,. modern style.
Finish: quite long, with again lots of (oak) wood nuances, vanilla, caramel, soft and sweet tannins, ripe and jammy fruit, mild acidity, some complexity, nice balance.
* Modern and very expressive Portuguese red wine, lots of (sexy) wood nuances in nose and taste, lots of ripe fruit too. Some complexity and good balance together with a spicy, rich, and warm style.
- Can be drunk now, will keep till 2007.
- Very good wine making and severe selection in a difficult vintage resulted in an attractive style, both very modern full blown and oaky and opulently fruity wine. From a good and well equipped producer, a very quality oriented cooperative, one of the most dynamic of Portugal. Made from Periquita grapes.
- lotnr.: L 108905
- tasted: 05-05--’05, and many times before since 01-12-2004 (consistent notes, shifting from fruit into a more spicy, earthy style)
- estimated retail price ca. 7,00 euro
- average production: not known
- Coop. Agr. Santo Isidro de
Pegoès, Mr. J. Cuendera, Rua Pereira Caldas 1 R/C, 2985 - 158 Pegoes
Velhos, Portugal. tel.: +-351-265 898860 / fax: +-351-265 898865
/ e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
/ web site: www.cooppegoes.pt