Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Domaine de Gournier Rosé Cuvée Tradition 2004, V.d.P. des Cévennes
quite intense rosé with a touch of red.
Nose: quite expressive, ripe fruity (cherry, raspberry) some richness and sweetness, mineral nuances, some herbs in the background, clean and attractive, not deep or complex..
Taste: dry, medium bodied, quite intense, some richness, round, soft and fresh, with lots of juicy fruit (berries, cherries), a touch of sweetness, ample mineral impressions, a touch of alcohol, excellent balance, delicious.
Finish: quite long, intense, very clean, with a tiny touch of sweetness, a hint of alcohol, great freshness combined with intensity and roundness, nice fruit and minerals.
* A very attractive dry rosé, both soft and fresh, also quite intense and clean style with ample ripe red fruit and mineral nuances, excellent balance between richness, power and clean freshness, not complex, but very versatile with food and delicious. Excellent value for money.
- Showing very well now, will
at least keep till, I guess, mid 2006, drink young to enjoy its delicious
- Produced by a very reliable
and modest producer in the lesser know Cévennes region (eastern
part of the Midi, bordering the Rhône). This rosé is produced
from Cabernet Sauvignon,. Grenache (noir), Syrah and Mourvèdre.
The Cabernet and Grenache are the dominant grapes. The assemblage varies
from year to year depending on the vintage results. Many wines from this
producer provide a lot of quality and enjoyment for little money. Intensity
is the keyword here in most wines. The reds are honest and good examples
of the terroir, sometimes a bit earthy and sturdy, the rosé is more
elegant, but at least as good. This certainly is a producer to watch. Not
a source for top wines but its middle class wines are difficult to beat
in quality for the price, provided you don't look for elegance and refinement
but for honesty and character.
- lotnr.: L 5186
- tasted: 25-11-’05 retasted several times, last tasted 02-12-'05: consistent notes, still very good.
- estimated retail price ca. 5 euro
- production: ca. 200.000 bottles
- Domaine de Gournier, Mr. Maurice Barnouin, Mrs. de la Porte, 30190 Boucoiran, tel.: + 33-466 83 30 91 / fax.: + 33-466 83 31 08 / e-mail : email@example.com