Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Illuminati Ilico 2003, D.O.C. Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
very dark and deep red with purple.
Nose: quite expressive, with a rich sweetness, earthy, raisiny fruit, some cherries, warm, spicy, a touch of tea and smoke, quite rich and velvetty, not refined or complex.
Taste: reasonably full bodied, round, soft and warm, juicy, mild acidity, a touch of wood, alcohol, spices, some fruit a hint of chocolate, some a bit drying tannins, impressions of smoke and tea. Quite rich and round with a slight rustic twist at the end.
Finish: quite long, with alcohol, some spices, earthy fruit, some dusty tannins, quite rich, a touch of smoke and chocolate.
* A wine
with an earthy, warm and supple character, quite fullbodied, mild and spicy-fruity,
easy accessable, but supplied with enough character (tannins) to give it
the tension needed to match rich and strong regional dishes.
- Drink this wine between now and 2006, will not improve with age, because of its low acidity it runs the risk of drying out.
- A special selection for restaurants, a bit richer and softer than the Riparosso 2003 from the same producer. Good producer of approachable (modern) Abruzzo wines that generally possess a strong, interesting regional signature. Well worth the money
- lotnr.: L ?
- tasted: 21-04-’05
- estimated retail price ca. 7,5 euro
- average production: not indicated
- Azienda Agricola Dino Illuminati
"Fattoria Nico", 64010 Controguerra (Teramo) Italia, tel.: + 39-0861808008,
fax.: + 39-0861810004, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
/ web site: www.illuminativini.com
- export agent: Enoteca Nederland, Mr. Maarten Bonants, tel.: +31-344613736, fax.: +31-344612550, e-mail: email@example.com