Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Illuminati Riparosso 2001, D.O.C. Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
dark red with purple.
Nose: medium expressive, with interesting earthy red and black fruit (cherry, bramble), mushrooms, some sweetness, warmth, some tea and spices, a hint of chocolate, ripe and also fresh, very Italian, very Montepulciano. Not complex or elegant.
Taste: good body, nicely concentrated, ripe tannins, supple and also a touch rustic, but pleasantly so, very much ripe cherry fruit, earthy and a touch spicy, good balance, clear but not overpowering regional character.
Finish: medium, with a lot of fruit, earthy and spicy nuances, some rustic tannins and smoky nuances.
* A good, honest and well made wine from the southern part of Italy. Strong, but attractive regional character, good example of Montepulciano grape: dark colour, specific (a touch rustic) earthy fruit, nice acidity and soft tannins. Quite intense, fruity, supple, well balanced red wine with an attractive earthy, warm and spicy regional character, with many nuances of black cherries and mushrooms.
- Drink this wine between now and 2005, will probably not improve much with age, will lose some fruit and become more earthy and spicy.
- Good producer of approachable Abruzzo wines that possess a strong, interesting regional signature.
- lotnr.: L
- tasted: 17-03-’03, many other times (consistent notes, except the odd faulty bottle)
- estimated retail price ca. 7 euro
- average production: not indicated
- Azienda Agricola Dino Illuminati
"Fattoria Nico", 64010 Controguerra (Teramo) Italia, tel.: + 39-0861808008,
fax.: + 39-0861810004, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
/ web site: www.illuminativini.com
- export agent: Enoteca Nederland, Mr. Maarten Bonants, tel.: +31-344613736, fax.: +31-344612550, e-mail: email@example.com