Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Illuminati Riparosso 2003, D.O.C. Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
dark red with purple.
Nose: quite expressive, with a lot of cherry fruit, a bit jammy and sweet, very ripe nuances, also warm, with a hint of chocolate. Not deep, complex or refined, but good and attractive. Very typically Italian and Montepulciano (grape) in style.
Taste: medium bodied, round, warm and juicy, with modest acidity, some spicy tannins, medium intensity, quite easy going, with a lot of ripe and soft fruit with impressions of cherries and berries, a touch of chocolate. The tannins give this approachable wine enough grip to match well with food.
Finish: medium long, with some astringency, many ripe fruit impressions, modest acidity and again a hint of chocolate.
* A well made, quite easy going,
fruit driven wine with loads of ripe cherry fruit, a modest acidity and
a little twist of earthy tannins to give it that nice and lively Italian
- Drink this wine between now and 2006, will not improve with age, because of its low acidity it runs the risk of drying out earlier than the 2001 version.
- Good producer of approachable (modern) Abruzzo wines that generally possess a strong, interesting regional signature. The Riparosso 2003 is less regional in style. Compared to the other slection "Ilico" 2003, the Riparosso is a bit lighter and more elegant.
- lotnr.: L 04 - 141
- tasted: 06-09-’04 several times since: 21-04: more earthy and spicy in character, still attractive.
- estimated retail price ca. 7 euro
- average production: not indicated
- Azienda Agricola Dino Illuminati
"Fattoria Nico", 64010 Controguerra (Teramo) Italia, tel.: + 39-0861808008,
fax.: + 39-0861810004, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
/ web site: www.illuminativini.com
- export agent: Enoteca Nederland, Mr. Maarten Bonants, tel.: +31-344613736, fax.: +31-344612550, e-mail: email@example.com