Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Château Le Clou "Pleiade" 2002, A.C. Bergerac blanc
Light yellow with green.
Nose: quite expressive, fresh, with a lot of fruit, vanillin, some spices, ripe grapes and sweetness, nuances of mandarin peel and minerals. Very well balance between richness, freshness and oak.
Taste: fresh and dry, very round, mild, smooth, juicy, with a lot of spicy, oaky nuances, but also fruit, some minerals, and a mild, attractive hint of bitterness, excellent balance between all components and the sweet richness.
Finish: quite long, intense, very fresh together with a hint of sweetness of the oak, spicy and with some fruit. Clean and well balanced.
* Ecologically produced dry, luxurious white Bergerac, vinified and matured in new wood, excellent balance, great purity, beautiful match between freshness of the fruit and the richness and spiciness of the wood, super smooth, rich and also refreshing. Extremely well produced, great value for money.
- This wine is delicious now, will probably not improve much over the next years, will keep until ca. 2007.
- You rarely come across a white
Bergerac that is wood aged and so extremely well balanced. Too often the
wood is too dominant, smothering the fruit and minerals of the grapes,
too often the wine is too alcoholic and lacks freshness, many times the
richness of the wood matches poorly with the freshness of the wine, but
very rarely all components are so well knitted together as in this wine.
It is impressive, but more importantly this wine is a real joy to drink.
Produced from 75% Sauvignon-Blanc, 15% Muscadelle, 10% Sémillon, vinified and matured during 7 month in new barrels (barriques) of Allier and Tronçais. Very highly recommended, the price is very attractive for this quality, the ECO production certificate is another bonus.
- lotnr.: L ?
- tasted: 01-10-’04
- estimated retail price ca. 10,00 euro per bottle
- average production: ca. 4000 bottles
- Château Le Clou, 24240
Pomport, Mr. Manuel Killias, tel.+ fax: + 33-553633276 ; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
; web site: www.chateau-le-clou.fr