Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Lou Muscadou, Rosť doux, Vin de Table de France. **HERITAGE WINE**
very light rosť with no purple.
Nose: expressive, with many nuances of sweet muscat, some berry fruit, apricots, a touch of citrus, fresh, clean, elegant, not at all heavy, well balanced and very attractive.
Taste: medium sweet, juicy, full bodied, quite rich, round, smooth, mild, but also deliciously fresh, not at all heavy, very clean fruity, with impressions of muscat, raisins and apricots, very well balanced, really impressive for a vin de table.
Finish: quite long, very expressive, muscat, apricots, very soft and smooth, with clean acidity, just delicious.
* Believe it or not, a vin de table, rosť that is also sweet: selected in winescout.info. If you taste this wine you will understand why this wine merits full attention. This wine is pure and clean, the fruit is so honest and ripe, the taste is so smooth and mild, yet fresh and elegant, this wine has great balance. A great achievement for a vin de table!
- Very good drinking now, will not keep for more than a year or two. Its the fruit that makes this wine so attractive.
- Semi sweet wines do not have
such a good reputation in the world of wine. Too often grapes of inferior
quality are used for these wines, the sweetness masking the faults and
problems in the wine. Another aspect is semi sweet wines are not considered
serious by a group of connoisseurs and so is rosť. If such a wine
is also a vin de table no one bothers to taste such a wine. I dare to state
that there is a huge clientele in the world for this type of wine. It is
simply just too delicious not to like. The big international success of
Moscato d'Asti is proof enough a vast group of people like this kind of
wine. Please set aside your prejudice and taste this wine. With Lou Muscadou
the producer does a serious job making a very good wine from a special
strain of Muscat: Muscat d'Hambourg, a lightish red variety seldom used
Produced by a quality oriented, but small and virtually unknown coop in the South-West of France which also makes other idiosyncratic wines such as a lightly sparkling semi sweet (muscat) rosť with only 2,5 % alcohol. With non-vintage wines the lotnr. is essential. If you taste the wine make sure the lotnr. is the same as stated below.
- lotnr.: L 4004 (embossed in label)
- tasted: 19-12-’04
- estimated retail price ca. 7 euro
- average production: not indicated
- Cave de Saint-Sardos, F-82600
Saint-Sardos, export: Mr. Daniel Barrau. tel.: + 33-563 02 52 44 / fax.:
+ 33-563 02 62 19 / e-mail: email@example.com
/ web site: www.cave-saint-sardos.com