Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Lutzville Chenin Blanc 2004, W.O. Olifants River.
very light yellow green.
Nose: a bit restrained, with some richness, roundness, creamy nuances of ripe fruit, some apples, yeast, freshness, waxy nuances and flint, clean and attractive.
Taste: dry, fresh, mild, medium bodied, soft and rich, also some spicy and green herby impressions, juicy, a slight, attractive bitterness, nice extract, clean and well balanced.
Finish: medium long, intense, round, with some piquant freshness, a slight bitterness, some alcohol and some fruit, very clean and juicy.
* A sound, honest and clean, unpretentious Chenin Blanc with quite some richness and concentration for its very modest price tag, good refreshing acidity and restrained fruit make it an attractive all rounder. Good value for money.
- Can be drunk now, drink before 2007.
- An attractive starting wine, unpretentious but also not expensive. Recommended.
- lotnr.: L 5038 / 02
- tasted: 11-04-’05
- estimated retail price ca. 5 euro
- average production: not known
- Lutzville Vineyards, P.O.box
50 Lutzville 8165, tel.: (027) 2171516 / fax.: (027) 2171435 / e-mail:
/ web site: www.lutzvillevineyards.com
Export agent: Poot Agenturen, Jan van de Laarweg 12, 2678 LH De Lier, The Netherlands, tel.: +31-174-512561 / fax.: +31-174-514123 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org