Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Mas Carlot Rosé Cuvée Tradition Syrah - Grenache 2004, V.d.P. d'Oc.
very light rosé, not much purple.
Nose: medium expressive, with both richness, ripeness and freshness. Sweet red fruits (strawberries, raspberries) with a touch of black pepper, some herbs, raisins, minerals and some depth. Surprisingly complex for a rosé. Very clean and honest style.
Taste: dry, with piquant acidity excellently matched by the round and almost sweet richness of the ripe, juicy fruit, some spices, very clean, good concentration, some depth and complexity, excellent balance, both delicious and serious rosé.
Finish: quite long, intense, very clean, very fresh, rich, with powerful fruit, spices, herbs and minerals, excellent balance.
* A both delicious and serious dry rosé: excellent balance with great ripe and spicy fruit, rich and soft and at the same time piquantly fresh and mineral, good concentration, refinement, also surprisingly complex for a rosé, clean, very well made, modestly priced too.
- Showing very well now, will
keep up some time, but will gradually fade away from mid 2006 on.
- Produced by a very reliable
and environmentally conscious (Protection raisonnée) vigneronne
in Costières de Nîmes (South of France) aiming for ripeness,
balance and easy accessibility. Composed from 40% Syrah and 60% Grenache
grapes. Vinification and maturation (on lees) in stainless steel and concrete
tanks respectively. No malolactic fermentation to retain enough acidity.
- lotnr.: L 5045
- tasted: 27-04-’05 retasted several times, last tasted 27-09-'05: consistent notes, more earthy, spicy, less young fruity, but still very good.
- estimated retail price ca. 6 euro
- production: not indicated
- Mas Carlot - Château Paul Blanc - Mrs. Nathalie Blanc-Mares, Route de Redessan, 30127 Bellegarde, tel.: + 33-466 011183 / fax.: + 33-466 016274 / e-mail : email@example.com / web site: www.mascarlot.com