Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Notte di Galileo Rosso Riserva 2000, D.O.C. Colli Euganei
medium deep dark red with slight browning in the rim.
Nose: quite expressive, with a nice balance between youth and maturity, quite complex peppery Cabernet nuances (not unlike Trentino Cabernets), fine, ripe dark fruit, quite phenolic, complex and earthy impressions (associations of Médoc) beautiful, classic oak, well dosed and supportive, providing extra depth, very well balanced, power with elegant and earthy Italian touch, very stylish and attractive.
Taste: quite full-bodied, powerful, very intense, with ripe and elegant tannins, lots of ripe, earthy fruit, spices, wood, some smoke and obvious wood, well balanced and integrated, some complexity and depth, next to the power there is also elegance and style.
Finish: quite long, spicy, earthy fruity, beautiful wood and fruit, ripe tannins, elegant freshness, excellent balance.
* A modern version of a classical wine, very Italian in style, but also resembling a high quality Médoc, power, elegance, earthy fruit, spices and classic wood all fit together in excellent harmony, technically a perfect wine expressing its good terroir with verve: a bargain.
- Drink from now on, will improve over the next couple of years, will keep in a good cellar up to five or more years.
- Produced by a big producer, the coop of Collio Euganei. They have the means and also as it appears the motivation to make an outstanding wine for a coop. Especially the intelligent use of oak both the dosage and type is impressive. It is clearly there but not overpowering the fruit, it's aromas perfectly complementing and overlapping those of the Cabernet Sauvignon (40%) and Merlot (60%). Aged (alternately) for 15 month in vats of 2000 litres and barriques (225 l.) A great achievement and challenging many producers from both the Médoc and Italy, especially those of Tuscany.
- lotnr.: L.168.04
- tasted: 23-11-'04 several times afterwards (last tasted 10-03-'05), consistent notes.
- estimated retail price ca. 8 euro
- average production: not indicated
- Viticoltori Riuniti dei Colli
Euganei, Via Marconi, 72, 35030 Vň (Pd) ; Tel. +39-049 9940011
, fax.: +39-049-9940497 ; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; web site: www.cantinacollieuganei.it
- export agent: Enoteca Nederland, Mr. Maarten Bonants, tel.: +31-344613736, fax.: +31-344612550, e-mail: email@example.com web site: www.enoteca.nl