Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Domaine de Pébérère blanc 2003, V.d.P. des Côtes de Gascogne
light white green.
Nose: quite expressive with a lot of young, vibrant fruit nuances (passion fruit, pear, apple), flowers, some minerals and yeast. Clean, not complex, but straight forward and refreshing.
Taste: fresh, dry, but next to the strong acidity a slight hint of sweetness to make it attractively dry. Medium bodied, quite intense. Fruity nuances, as in the nose, but with more spicy impressions and a tiny touch of bitterness. Not deep nor complex, but clean and clear, again very refreshing and straight.
Finish: a bit short, but again very refreshing, piquant acidity, a slight hint of sweetness balancing the touch of bitterness and acidity, nice fruit, minerals and clean.
* Cheap, fresh and very cheerful, dry white wine with many nuances of fruit, flowers, minerals and yeast, clean and clear, straight forward character, easy drinking with a tiny touch of hardly noticeable sweetness to balance the strong, refreshing acidity.
- This wine has to be drunk young, preferably in its first year of life. Keeping it will not improve the wine, the current attractive freshness will change into an unpleasant acidity when the fruit, flowers an yeast nuances are gone. Drink it until summer 2005.
- A French dry white wine from
the vintage 2003 with a nice acidity and good balance is quite difficult
to find. This wine is not ambitious, but provides a very pleasant refreshment
with its clean and clear fruit, minerals and acidity. It is above all quite
cheap. A recommended wine from a producer who also makes very high
quality, classic Armagnacs.
- lotnr.: L 0111
- tasted: 07-05-’04
- estimated retail price ca. 4,00 euro per bottle
- average production: ca. bottles
- Château de Pomès Pébérère, 32100 La Pébérère, Condom, Mr. François Faget, tel.: + 33-62281153; fax.: + 33-62284611 ; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , web site: www.armagnacfaget.com
- export agent: Grand Sud Domaines,
Mrs. Cécile Dupuy; Mr. Alain Boissiere, 4, Rue Rudolphe Bruzac,
24160 Bergerac, tel.: + 33-553630303 / fax.: + 33-553581493 / e-mail: email@example.com
web site: www.french-wineandspirits.com