Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Adega de Pegoes Moscatel 1999, D.O. C. Moscatel de Setubal
deep amber with some yellow.
Nose: quite expressive, with many sweet and soft nuances of raisins of muscat, figs, caramel, some nuts and a spicy touch of orange rind and marmalade, some spirity alcohol. Quite nuanced and with some complexity and depth.
Taste: quite sweet, full bodied, rich, unctuous, very soft round and mild, a clear touch of alcohol (warm), mild acidity, with many raisiny nuances, muscat aroma's, figs and orange rind (marmalade). Some complexity, well balanced, not too heavy but very Port like.
Finish: long, sweet, rich, mild, with lots of raisins, figs, nice spicy muscat aroma's some caramel, orange rind, delicious and very clean, very well balanced, attractive extract to balance the sweetness and alcohol.
* Quite aromatic and attractive fortified sweet wine, warm and Port like character, unctuous and very soft, with many spicy and dried fruit nuances of figs, orange marmalade and caramel, very well balanced and with some complexity.
- Can be drunk now, will keep till ca. 2020 (producer claims untill 2050 or later) will change a bit, losing its fruit in the end becoming more caramelized and nutty in character. Will have lost its moscatel character totally after 15 or 20 years.
- Good Port like wine, produced from Moscatel (Alexandria) grapes. Very classical product from the Setubal region near Lissabon. Good and well equipped producer, a very quality oriented cooperative, one of the most dynamic of Portugal.
- lotnr.: no indication found bottle identification nr.: CG-1916520
- tasted: 21-03-'05
- estimated retail price ca. 9,00 euro
- average production: not known
- Coop. Agr. Santo Isidro de
Pegoès, Mr. J. Cuendera, Rua Pereira Caldas 1 R/C, 2985 - 158 Pegoes
Velhos, Portugal. tel.: +-351-265 898860 / fax: +-351-265 898865
/ e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
/ web site: www.cooppegoes.pt