Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Quinta da Lixa Trajadura 2004, D.O.C. Vinho Verde
very light white with a touch of green and a mist of minuscule CO2 bubbles
Nose: quite expressive, very fresh, piquant, mineral, a touch of spices and herbs, very little fruit, very clean and attractive. Not complex or deep.
Taste: dry, a slight hint of CO2 bubbles, piquantly fresh, very mineral in style, quite full-bodied for a Vinho Verde, some nuances of white fruit, some spices and herbs and a tiny touch of bitterness, very clean and clear character.
Finish: not very long, quite intense, very fresh and mineral, piquant acidity, a sweet touch of bitterness, some spices, very clean.
* Ultimately fresh and piquant wine, the tiny bubbles of CO2 give this wine extra freshness, very mineral in style, medium bodied, very clean and open style, not deep or complex, true to type, very honest Vinho Verde, bone dry, but not harsh or acid.
- Can be drunk now, will keep till 2006.
- Excellent wine maker in the Northern part of Portugal, using only Trajadura grapes for this wine. Is well equipped with modern vinification techniques. Freshness is the key word here, the regular Quinta da Lixa 2004 is produced from a blend of Trajadura and Loureiro grapes. This blended wine shows clearly the benefit of blending, these two grapes supplement each other perfectly, the resulting wine is clearly a class above this one and the other made only from Loureiro. Good quality for a very affordable price in a luxurious Bordeaux bottle.
- lotnr.: L 01305
- tasted: 25-02’05
- estimated retail price ca. 5,50 euro
- average production: not known
- Sociedade Agricola Quinta da Lixa, Monte 4615 Lixa, Portugal / tel.: +351-255491710 / fax.: + 351-255491711 / e-mail: email@example.com / web site: www.quintadalixa.pt
- Export agent: Vinko, Rua Candido
dos Reis, 575, 4400-075 Villa Nova de Gaia, tel.: + 351-22 377 33 30 /
fax.: + 351-22-375 37 35 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
/ web site: www.vinkowines.com