Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Domaine Sergent blanc doux füt 2002, A.C. Pacherenc du Vic Bilh. **HERITAGE WINE**
intense light yellow with green.
Nose: quite expressive but compact, with obvious vanilla (oak), minerals, restrained white fruit, some raisins, much freshness a touch of liquorice and mushrooms. Still young, very clean, quite oaky, but full of promise.
Taste: sweet, rich, intense, very fresh acidity, elegant, but also round and unctuous, many impressions of oaky vanilla, minerals, spices, some restrained fruit, a touch of smoke and a scintillating and refreshingly, strong acidity.
Finish: quite long, mineral, sweet, scintillating freshness, spices, herbs, some fruit, dominantly oaky (aroma) with very good (acidity / sweetness) balance.
* Freshness, cleanliness and sweetness are beautifully combined in this very well made, rich but very refreshing late harvest wine in the style of a prestige Jurançon. Has both the highly fashionable oaky character of a luxurious wine and the mineral, spicy and earthy nuances characteristic of South-West France.
- This wine is delicious now, has however still quite a bit of potential left. Its restraint, freshness, sweetness and intensity promise improvement and more earthy complexity with time and also better integration of the oaky nuances. Will keep until ca. 2010.
- The appellation of this wine
alone triggers a strong regional impression you nearly can taste without
the wine. These wines can resemble those of Jurançon, the grapes
are the same (Gros Manseng and Petit Manseng), the vineyards' conditions
however different. Those of Jurançon are very much sought after,
the Pacherencs are clearly less reputed. Not only the name is more difficult
for the anglo saxons, but also the wines are far less homogeneous in quality
than those of Jurançon. But if you encounter an excellent Pacherenc
you have a real bargain. Domaine de Sergent is a producer of mainly black
Madirans but is also quite successful with their Pacherencs. Especially
their sweet late harvest Pacherencs are incredible bargains. This sweet
Pacherenc is entirely made of very late harvested Petit Manseng grapes
and fermented and matured on barriques during 6 months. An unknown producer:
serious, modest and kind people, working hard to produce very good to excellent
wines. A most underrated producer, very highly recommended.
- lotnr.: L 4.1
- tasted: 13-10-’04 several occasions after that (into jan. '05) consistent notes, still young and full of promise.
- estimated retail price ca. 11,50 euro per bottle
- average production: ca. 10.000 bottles
- Domaine Sergent, Famille Dousseau, 32400 Maumusson, France, Tel.: + 33-562 69 74 93 ; Fax.: + 33 562 69 75 85 ; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org