Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Saint Clair Sauvignon-Blanc Wairau Reserve 2004 Marlborough. **HERITAGE WINE**
very light yellow with a hint of green.
Nose: quite expressive, powerful, with concentrated and still a bit closed-up nuances of minerals, flowers, some sweet (green) pepper, box (hedge) blackberry (leaf) a little hint of grapefruit, beautiful complex, multi layered, crystal clean, immensely fresh, still very young, but with lots of promise.
Taste: very intense, powerful, very fresh, with loads of minerals, strong acidity, many nuances of green (box, blackberry leaf), apple, flowers, complex, deep, refined, crystal clean, still a bit closed-up, lots of terroir (minerals) and beautiful balance. Classy, Loire styled wine.
Finish: Intense, long, complex, fanning out, beautiful array of nuances of green grass, green pepper, blackberry leaf, apple, and above all a super clean, minerally, lingering freshness.
* Excellent quality from the New World. Rivalling the best french Classic Loire Sauvignons, immensely fresh, clean and expressively Sauvignon-Blanc (box hedge, blackberry leaf) with a wealth of complex and multi layered nuances of minerals.
- Could be drunk now, will probably improve this year ('05), I doubt it will be more interesting after a few years as it is so great now. Will probably keep until 2007..
- Highly recommended wine, top quality Sauvignon-Blanc, super fresh, mineral, clean and complex..
- lotnr.: not indicated on bottle
- tasted: 11-03-’05
- estimated retail price ca. 15,00 euro
- average production: not known
- Saint Clair Estate, 156 New
Renwick Road, RD2, Blenheim, tel.: (03) 578 8695 / fax.: (03) 578 8696,
/ e-mail: email@example.com
/ web site: www.saintclair.co.nz
Export agent: Poot Agenturen, Jan van de Laarweg 12, 2678 LH De Lier, The Netherlands, tel.: +31-174-512561 / fax.: +31-174-514123 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org