Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Michel Torino Colleción Torrontés 2004, Cafayate
very light yellow with green rim.
Nose: very fresh, expressively fruity (muscat, a touch of lychee) and flowery (wild roses), some green herbs, very clean, not deep or refined.
Taste: dry, very clean, fresh, elegant, with juicy white fruit, mainly muscat, some yeast nuances, a gentle touch of bitterness, some alcohol, attractive, but not refined or deep.
Finish: medium long, clean, very fresh, a touch of sweetness, some spicy fruit, well balanced.
* An attractive dry white wine, well made, modern style, fresh, clean and expressive, with many nuances of muscat like white fruit. A pleasure to drink, and very affordable too. A far cry from the over heavy and alcoholic and bitter Torrontés wines Argentine still produces too often.
- Should be drunk as young as possible, will not keep, both the structure and the aroma's demand consumption before 2006.
- A modern, maybe even a highly technical wine. Well crafted with no faults, clean and clear, with the exuberant character of the Torrontés carefully held in check. Not a great personality, but at this price difficult to beat. This wine shows Argentine is capable of producing good wines, plenty more can be expected.
- lotnr.: L 4 - 145
- tasted: 06-09-’04
- estimated retail price ca. 7,00 euro
- average production: not known
- Michel Torino, Bodega La Rosa,
export department: AV. Senador Ferro 500, Santos Lugares, Buenos Aires,
tel.: + 5411-7168036 / 8000 / fax.: + 5411-7168007/ e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
/ web site: www.micheltorino.com.ar
Export agent: Horizon Wines, Mr. Mick Kooistra, Blikveldweg 1, NL - 1359 KA Almere, The Netherlands, tel.: +31-36-5400708 / fax.: +31-36-5400709 / e-mail: email@example.com