Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Bodegas del Romero Torrecilla rosado 2003, D.O. Navarra.
rosé with purple rim.
Nose: upfront ripe and succulent strawberry and raspberry fruit, freshness, some clean yeast and waxy nuances in the background. Not complex, but clean and attractive.
Taste: dry, full bodied, mild, with lots of ripe strawberry fruit, a whiff of pepper, some sweet jammyness, enough freshness, not refined or elegant, but well balanced and easy to drink.
Finish: not very long, good fruit, some mild tannins, enough acidity, some alcohol, again simple, but clean and delicious.
* Easy drinking dry rosé with a lot of fruit, no pretentions, cheap and cheerful, very well made, clean, very fruity, has enough power to match food, not complex, but straight and honest. Very good value.
- Drink as young as possible, fruit will fade with time, enough acidity, body and fruit to keep this wine going until mid 2005.
- Very big producer of very affordable and reliable Navarra wines, the classically styled red wines are the best, but in recent years the rosés and whites have gained much in quality.
- lotnr.: L 4044 / 1
- tasted: 09-03-’04
- estimated retail price ca. 3 euro
- average production: no indication
- Bodega Ntra. Sra. del Romero,
S. Coop. 31520 Cascante (Navarra), Ctra. Tarazona, 33, tel.: + 34-948851411,
fax.: + 34-948844504 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Export manager: Mrs. E. González.
Web site: www.bodegasdelromero.com