Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Travignoli Riserva 2000, D.O.C. Chianti Rufina
deep, intense red, no purple.
Nose: expressive, complex and quite deep, with young, phenolic nuances, obvious wood, warm and ripe fruit (cherries), freshness, some pepper, spices and warm damp earth.
Taste: medium bodied, concentrated, quite powerful, with intense oak impressions, many (ripe) tannins, beautifully nuanced (cherry) fruit, some freshness, earthiness and nuances of fennel. Elegant and well balanced. Still young and a bit closed-up, but there is already some maturity emerging.
Finish: long, with many, still young, but ripe tannins, wood, earth, smoke, fruit, pepper some sweetness and a whiff of fennel.
* A classic wine in the good sense of the word, not tough and hard, not acid or thin, but complex, concentrated a bit reserved with ample tannins, nice freshness, power and beautiful, earthy fruit. Structured in the style of an Haut-Médoc, but with the unique and interesting aromas of a high quality Tuscan Sangiovese. Very good and reliable producer, whose wines compare well with other (much more expensive) reputed Chianti Classico’s.
- Could be drunk from now on, but will improve over the next two to five years, will keep in a good cellar up to ten years.
- Underrated producer of Classic Tuscan wines, affordable prices, good quality.
- lotnr.: L 216 S
- tasted: 14-23-’03
- estimated retail price ca. 14 euro
- average production: not indicated
- Azienda Agricola
Travignoli di G. Busi, Via Travignoli, 78, 50060 Pelago (FI) Italia /
tel.: + 39-0558361098 / fax.: + 39-0558361098 / e-mail: email@example.com / web site: www.travignoli.com
- export agent: Enoteca Nederland, Mr. Maarten Bonants, tel.: +31-344613736, fax.: +31-344612550, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org