Winescout.info Original & exciting wines from producers who deserve it to be better known
Navigation bar is missing? Please click home
and learn more about winescout.info - other original and exciting wines, criteria, opinions and updates.
Zenato Soave Vigneto Colombara 2004, D.O.C. Soave Classico. **HERITAGE WINE**
very light yellow with a touch of green.
Nose: restrained, compact, with a hidden richness and lots of minerals, freshness, some yeast, but also some herbs and a touch of spice, still closed and undeveloped, great promise under the surface, super clean and pure, ultimately natural.
Taste: much more outspoken: very fresh, powerful, beautiful mineral richness, some yeast, spices, a refined tiny bitter impression, super clean, piquant and again ultimately natural and pure. Great and clear expression of terroir, absolutely delicious. Great balance.
Finish: intense, long, fanning out a bit, powerful, rich, fresh and clean, with minerals, some spices and white fruit, also a touch of earthiness, still very young, will settle soon.
* Maybe not the greatest expression of this Soave "Cru" terroir, this wine offers impressive quality, beauty, freshness, concentration, outstanding purity and an exemplary naturalness for a very affordable price. No need for wood, just the purest of wine!!
- Drink from now on, will improve over the next couple of years, will keep in a good cellar up to ca. three to five years.
- If there is one wine producer in the Veneto area that offers consistently good and affordable wines through the years than it is certainly Zenato. Formerly good - excellent with the range of white wines, now also increasingly good with reds. This Vigneto Colombara shows how far name (reputation) and quality can deviate. Who would expect a great terroir wine from Soave? I was lucky enough to taste many other (small) producers' wines from this area. Seeing Soaves (or wines with that name) offered for next to nothing on the supermarket shelves really hurts. Try this wine, just like top Muscadets: a totally different world.
- lotnr.: L. 675
- tasted: 22-05-'05 several times before (since 21-03-'05): consistent notes.
- estimated retail price ca. 7 euro
- average production: not indicated
- Azienda Vitivinicola
Zenato, Via San Benedetto, 8, 37010 S. Benedetto di Lugana,
Peschiera del Garda (Vr) ; Tel. +39-045 7550300 , fax.: +39-045 6400449
, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
/ web site: www.zenato.it
- export agent: Enoteca Nederland, Mr. Maarten Bonants, tel.: +31-344613736, fax.: +31-344612550, e-mail: email@example.com